TMC2209 is an ultra-quiet two-phase stepper motor drive chip, continuous current 1.4A, peak current 2A, voltage range 4.75V-36V, 256 divisions.
The main features are: UART configuration interface, CoolStep dynamic current adjustment technology, which can save 70% energy; dcStep, stallGuard2 technology for stall detection, components on the bottom of the PCB for better heat dissipation; automatic reduction of standby current.
The flexible microPlyer interpolation unit offers up to 256 subdivisions that enable perfect sinusoidal control even in systems with limited pulse frequencies; faster motor acceleration/deceleration than stealthChop, these were also developed because the ultra-quiet stealthChop2 technology is widely used in 3D printing.
TMC2209 is compatible with existing 3D printer electronics and easy to use with a standard step/dir interface. It can replace the original TMC2100 A4988 DRV8825 LV872.
1. Configuration: CFG pins or UART
2. Native microstepping: up to 1/256
3. MicroPlyer Microsteps: 1/256
4. Logic Voltage (VIO): 3-5V
5. Motor voltage (VM): 4.75-36V
6. Motor phase current max: 1.2A RMS, 2.0A peak. Therefore, the reference voltage of the driver module should not exceed 1V. At the same time, the driver module must be drained, otherwise it will affect the life of the driver module.
7. Internal V controller: activated
8. RDSon: ¡Ü0.3ohm
9. StealthChop (silent): yes
10. SpreadCycle: yes
12. CoolStep: no
13. StallGuard: no
14. DcStep: no
1. The TMC2209 driver needs an extra fan to cool it, otherwise it may be destroyed by the high temperature.
2. Do not connect the motor when measuring the voltage, otherwise it is easy to burn the driver.
3. The power supply should be connected during the voltage measurement, do not just connect the USB power supply.
4. Please pay special attention to the instructions!
HOW MUCH YOU GET
5 x TMC2209 drivers
5 * Heatsinks
1 * Screwdriver